quake.ie main news quake.ie domain
 03/08/2010 11:01  quake.ie domain34086 views | 13 replies 
MindPhuck
eric

a
clan : tayto

administrator

Hi folks,

For many years, i have been the owner of the quake.ie domain, from creating and making news, site design, programming, hosting and paying for the domain, etc.

As most of you well know, i dont really play quake any more and dont have the time or interest. Rather than keep the site static, doing nothing, it would be in better hands if it is going somewhere, designed to suit todays world! I would be open to someone taking over the site and domain, including its hosting, etc.

I am only interested in passing this over to those with a genuine interest in continuing the site as quake.ie in whatever guise they wish to make it - but it must always remain dedicated to irish and international quake and keep the site history and posts in some form.

if your interested and I am convinced you will do something or even just to keep site hosted, then please, drop me a mail and let me know - eric.mooney1[ .at. ] gmail.com

Thanks
Eric

12/08/2010 18:20#1
Rapier
Rapp

clan : n8z

administrator

We are all moving on I feel eric, I barely read the site but would find it an awful shame were it to go. Someone like killy would be ideal but Im not sure if he would have the interest.

13/08/2010 10:43#2
Zielek
rzelky

tactical ownage

so much fecking history here:
it
cant
go

btw. Quakecon 2010 is on ! - http://www.quakecon.org/gallery/livefeed.shtml - !

edited by Zielek on 13/08/2010 10:52 

15/08/2010 03:42#3
Illkillya
James Galvin

Entering a world of pain
clan : fish heads

site administrator
ive donated to quake.ie!

Am in Vietnam at the moment, and have been playing the occasional game of Quake Live on Japanese and Indian servers (albeit with 130+ms spikey ping like the old days).

I would be happy to take over the domain... although I could not do much to revive activity in Ireland while Im still abroad, there are still (and maybe always will be) ebbs and flows in the Irish scene and all it takes is for 3 or 4 old-schoolers to get the itch around the same time and weve got a clan again. Theres a lot of value in keeping the site alive, as a beacon and knowledge base for the new Irish players who stumble upon a passion for the old game. There seem to be quite a few Irish flags popping up on ESReality again... always the danger that they slip into the UK scene where they are strongly influenced by the less mature culture of English clans (just ask LAPD-Rapier, eh????).

15/08/2010 15:38#4
Carl33to
Carlos

1+3+3=7

administrator

site needs to stay up, way too much history to lose

+1 for CEO killy

18/08/2010 22:17#5
RevHellfire
rev

Totally agree you should keep the site running, even as an archive its a piece of history !

30/08/2010 10:48#6
RawShark
Paul Scollon

Old School in the New School..........

Have mailed Eric offering to take over the hosting and maintenance of this site. Also plan to put up free public QuakeWorld, Quake 2 and Quake 3 Servers for registered users.

RawShark
http://www.altfire.com

02/09/2010 15:38#7
pleuraXeraphim
wembley

QW
clan : tayto

administrator

I could help killy/Rawshark run/host the site as well.

08/09/2010 19:28#8
RawShark
Paul Scollon

Hi pleuraXeraphim - that would be great, we could really relaunch the community with several ppl on board. Still waiting to hear back from Eric though with a final decision, although I have had some communication from him.

20/09/2010 21:52#9
Laggeyfucker
town

space

quake 3 server...woo weee.

01/10/2010 18:47#10
Rapier
Rapp

clan : n8z

administrator

I WILL TAKE POWER! (over the 3 players left in irish QL scene and a few more wanderers/rogues playing quake)

07/12/2010 15:12#11
Zielek
rzelky

tactical ownage

theres deffo more players out there ... like 5 ..

19/12/2010 10:09#12
MIXU
matty mc cloud

QW

site administrator
ive donated to quake.ie!

Dont let it die, too many good memories & faded f5 keys.

27/06/2011 11:10#13
RawShark
Paul Scollon

So what happened with this? My offer still stands.

you must be logged in to post replies.
click here to login.
click here to become a member.
click here to search.